Friday, August 27, 2004

Single of the Week According to Leo

?!"£%@$£%!!! I typed this (or rather a much better version of it - honest) out, then Blogger messed up and I lost it. Grrr.

Nothing stands out in this week's New Releases. All the singles are pretty ordinary, so I'm going to have to think carefully about this one...

Sugababes - Caught in a Moment
This is an excellent song. But I hate the Sugababes. So this doesn't get Single of the Week.
4/5

Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved
This is a good song. But I don't like the singer's voice in it. So this doesn't get Single of the Week.
Where did Maroon 5 get their credibility from anyway? For some reason, it's OK to admit you like Maroon 5, even though they're pure pop. Alright, so there are guitars but Busted have guitars and nobody's fooled by them...
3.5/5

The 411 - Dumb
Despite the heartfelt and deeply meaningful lyrics (Dumb diggi-diggi-di dumb di-dumb...), yes, ladies and gentlemen, you guessed it: this doesn't get Single of the Week.
Furthermore, the 411 are rubbish and should give up.
2.5/5

Deepest Blue - Shooting Star
Deepest Blue should stick to what they're good at - overrated dance tracks. They don't deserve an easy hit with this comparatively weak follow-up to earlier successes, so this doesn't get Single of the Week.
2/5

Lostprophets - Last Summer
I'm getting bored now so I'm just going to give Single of the Week to the Lostprophets. I quite enjoyed the 34 seconds of it I heard on the Radio One website anyway. Go and buy the full 4 minutes 7 seconds.
Yeah, I'm just doing this to spite the Sugababes who are, I suppose, if I'm honest, possibly, probably, maybe, the real rightful Single of the Week According to Leo award holders.
4.1/5

That's all folks. Next week's 'Single of the Week According to Leo' should be a bit better-written, providing I'm feeling a bit more decisive...