Thursday, December 30, 2004

Whatever's Left - Musical Moments of the Year

The WL staff have picked out some (rather diverse) highlights of their musical year...
Hannah:
My musical moment of the year was easily singing 'Somewhere Only We Know' along with a crowd of a couple of thousand at the Cambridge Corn Exchange. Everybody was standing. Everybody was singing. The sound was great. The atmosphere was great. It made me really feel alive, and happy, for one of the first times in ages! And anyone who dares to slag off Keane, can't take that away from me, ever. The whole year's been impressive really, with a lot more new bands than old favourites - I've bought 10 albums from this year, and most are either debuts, or are from complete newcomers to my collection. Roll on 2005 - the year of bigtime comebacks!

Jamie:
Jamie isn't here, but he did mutter something about a certain carefully choreographed dance in his school study room. 'Blame it on the Boogie', apparently...

Leo:
I don't think this year has been terribly good for music, really. This is hard. I don't know. Am I allowed 'Kate Bush announcing that her new album comes out next year'..?

Richard Parker:
Well, my own Violin Concerto in G went down rather well at the Royal Albert Hall, if I do say so myself...
Hannah and Leo's guide to 2004 is coming very soon...