Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hannah's Singles of the Year - The Shortlist (Part E)

This is the final (and slightly abbreviated, since 2005 is well and truly over!) installment of my Singles of the Year 'shortlist'. After constructing it all, and writing about each single it made me realise - I just cannot pick a top 5! So, simply consider them all my favourites, especially the ones that got 5/5. I'm looking forward to some even better music to be on offer in 2006.

Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To?
UK Chart Peak: 4
What I rate it now: 5/5
- official site -

Tony Christie (ft. Peter Kay) - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo?
UK Chart Peak: 1
What I rate it now: 5/5
- official site -

My Chemical Romance - I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
UK Chart Peak: 19
What I rate it now: 5/5
- official site -

Idlewild - I Understand It
UK Chart Peak: 32
What I rate it now: 4.5/5
- official site -

The Kills - No Wow
UK Chart Peak: 53
What I rate it now: 4.5/5
- official site -

The Decemberists - 16 Military Wives
UK Chart Peak: Did not chart :(
What I rate it now: 5/5
- official site -

Josh Rouse - Winter In The Hamptons
UK Chart Peak: Did not chart :(
What I rate it now: 5/5
- official site -

The Strokes - Juicebox
UK Chart Peak: 5
What I rate it now: 5/5
- official site -