Thursday, February 23, 2006

I got tagged by The Ranting Human, so...

Seven Songs I'm Loving Right Now:
'List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they are any good, but they must be songs you are really enjoying now. Post these instructions in your blog along with your seven songs. Then tag seven other people to see what they are listening to.'

Delays - Valentine (official site)
Obviously! It's fantastic, it really is, and it might miss out on the top 40 (I guess it's just not had enough radio and videoplay, although I can't understand why) if you don't purchase it, somewhere. Even Popjustice agree with us, which is such a rarity it MUST be good! Why not visit the band's official site and become enveloped in the electropop wonderfulness? :D

The Raconteurs - Steady As She Goes (official site)
Largely identified as 'Jack White's side-project' it's 'Jack White's mate' Brendan Benson whose influence and talent really shines through here. I can't wait till it gets a full release and in the meantime the official site is pretty cool, too.

The Young Knives - The Decision (official site)
Not their current single (out on Monday - expect a review) but last year's limited release. Catchy and incredibly erratic indie-rock-with-a-punk-ethic.

Belle and Sebastian - Another Sunny Day (official site)
Buy 'The Life Pursuit', if you haven't already. It was hard to choose just one track I LOVE from the album because there are so many, but this is one of the sticks-in-your-head-and-has-you-singing-it-for-weeks variety. It's my favourite record of the year so far. An mp3 can be found here.

Arctic Monkeys - Dancing Shoes (official site)
The rough demo of this was sent to me last summer as part of a mystery mix CD for listening to whilst stuck in a caravan in (very rainy) France. I loved it then, and I love it even more now it's been done properly.

Rachel Stevens - Nothing Good About This Goodbye (official site)
Rachel, please do not abandon the electropop in favour of a style resembling a female James Blunt. This is another ace little tune (and the original Alexis Strum version is rather fab, too) although not as incredible as last year's 'I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)'.

Johnny Boy - 15 Minutes (official site)
Hardly a new track, but I only discovered it very recently whilst on my blog run. I heard, and liked, 'You Are The Generation...' but this is even better.

I tag anyone who wants to do it. Why not post your 7 songs in the comments box?